Free delivery on orders over AED 225
Organic Chia Seeds
Organic Chia Seeds
Chia seeds are a versatile, beneficial and delicious addition to a healthy kitchen!
- 100% organic
- 1g net carb per 28g serving
- Full of fibre and minerals
- Keto, paleo and diabetic friendly
- Available in both black and white
- Naturally gluten free
Chia seeds absorb liquid very easily, creating a thick and gel like texture. This makes them a favourite for inclusion in keto and paleo desserts, smoothies and baking. But it’s not only their absorbency and texture that make them worthwhile, they have a long list of health benefits too!
Check out 36 low carb and keto chia seed recipes here.
For something so tiny, chia seeds certainly pack a powerful punch!
- Nutrient dense! In one serving (28g) there are only 137 calories, but significant amounts of calcium, manganese, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium, zinc, vitamin B3 (niacin), vitamin B2 (thiamine) and vitamin B1.
- Anti-aging! High in antioxidants, these tiny seeds can help your body defend against aging and disease.
- Digestive support! They are a truly fiber rich food, supporting healthy functioning of the digestive system and helping keep you regular.
- Weight loss assistance! The fiber content as well as the amount they expand when absorbing water have been shown to decrease food intake overall by making people feel fuller for longer.
- Good plant based protein! They are about 14% protein by weight, so can help get your protein numbers up if following a vegetarian or vegan diet.
- Heart healthy! Certain animal studies have shown that regular chia consumption can lower markers of metabolic disease like triglycerides and high blood pressure.
- May lower blood glucose and reduce inflammation. The fiber content and way the seeds behave in the body appear to lower blood glucose by slowing the absorption of food, and thus preventing glucose spikes, this may be contributing to their inflammation lowering effects too.
Check out Dr Axe telling us more about the wonders of chia!
This little seed is truly a superstar and something you can’t go wrong with including in your diet. Not to mention its desserty deliciousness!