Free delivery on orders over AED 225
Kiwi Organic Tumeric Powder
Kiwi Organic Tumeric Powder
Turmeric has been lauded for its health benefits for centuries and modern science is proving it to be every bit the powerful super food of tradition.
- 100% Organic
- Fairtrade product
- Nutrient dense and bioavailable
- Powerful anti-inflammatory properties
- Naturally gluten and sugar free
- Keto, paleo and diabetic friendly.
Kiwi Kisan Window Turmeric is a cut above the rest, certified organic by four different certification bodies (USDA Organic, India Organic, European Organic and One Cert) this is arguably the highest quality turmeric available in the UAE.
Turmeric is both a delicious addition to a dish and so incredibly healthful, that this should be a non-negotiable for inclusion in a conscious diet. Studies have shown that turmeric more than doubles its bioavailability (the potential for your body to absorb all of its goodness) when eaten with black pepper! So make sure you include both when cooking!
The compound in turmeric that is so powerful is called curcumin. It is this that provides most of the listed potent health benefits.
- Curcurmin has been shown to be as powerful an anti-inflammatory as ibuprofen in high enough doses. Chronic inflammation is believed to play a role in the formation of many chronic diseases on the rise, diabetes, obesity, cancer, Alzheimer’s and more, so using any foods which lower inflammation have a preventative effect against these diseases.
- Curcumin may also outperform common arthritis drugs such as diclofenac in high enough doses, and taken daily may decrease chances of developing arthritis.
- Has been shown to be 400 times more potent than metformin in activating AMPK, an enzyme which is shown to be effective in reducing insulin resistance.
- Curcumin is also proving to be a powerful natural painkiller in high enough doses.
- Just including turmeric in your diet regularly supports your body’s detoxification mechanisms and supplies you with high levels of antioxidants which fight aging and disease.
- Turmeric is extremely soothing to the digestive system, and appears to protect against gut permeability or leaky gut syndrome.
- Curcumin has been shown to increase brain-derived neurotrophic factor, a type of growth hormone that functions in your brain, supporting the formation of new connections between neurons and decreasing the chances of Alzheimer’s and other cognitive decline.
- The increase in this hormone also has positive impacts against depression and anxiety, improving overall well-being.
- Turmeric is also an adaptogen, meaning that it helps the body and mind adjust to stress overall, as it has the ability to modulate release of stress hormones from the adrenal glands, making us more resilient towards anything which may arise.
The list goes on, turmeric has been known for thousands of years to possess these benefits, and today we have access to some of the highest quality available.
how to include more turmeric in your diet
You could add turmeric into spice mixtures or rubs for meat, add some to salad dressings, throw a little into your cauliflower rice or try some of these awesome keto recipes using turmeric.
Kiwi Kisan Window
Kisan Window is an initiative to encourage a responsible, healthy and better lifestyle around the world by promoting organic and conscious food collected from farmers across India.
They work sincerely to bring the freshest and finest quality products to their customers. Their objective is to provide the best sensory experience for all human senses. Their products look good when you see them. Smell good when you smell them. Feel good when you touch them. Taste good when you taste them. What more could you ask for?
In a country where more than half the population is engaged in agricultural activities they consider the farmers to be the backbone of India. Fair Trade for farmers works through better prices, better working conditions and fair deals for farmers in India. They work directly with farmers at the grass root level and encourage them to engage in organic agriculture. They help the farmers by providing them with the technical know-how to ensure sustainable use of resources and production of quality goods.