Free delivery on orders over AED 225
Kiwi Organic Mustard Seeds
Kiwi Organic Mustard Seeds
Far quieter members of the Brassica family (like broccoli, kale and other highly nutritious vegetables) mustard seeds are non-the less just as beneficial!
- 100% certified organic
- Fairtrade product
- Selenium, calcium and manganese rich
- Naturally gluten and sugar free
- Keto, paleo and diabetic friendly
Kiwi Kisan Window Organic Mustard Seeds are certified organic by four different certification bodies (USDA Organic, India Organic, European Organic and One Cert) these are arguably among the highest quality mustard seeds available in the UAE.
Still in their full seed form, thus maintaining the highest nutrient potency, you can use these seeds as is or grind them into a powder for your cooking. If you prefer a roasted flavor, you can lightly roast them in a skillet before using them.
You can make your own liquid mustard by soaking the seeds in organic apple cider vinegar, then grind them into a smooth paste, adding herbs and spices such as turmeric, garlic, pepper or paprika to your personal taste. Or if you prefer a more detailed recipe, try this one.
Mix this condiment into salad dressings or have as a side with meat.
Bake fish, chicken or meat with both the ground seeds and the whole seeds for a delicious flavor. Try this incredible Keto Indian cauliflower rice recipe or the legendary ‘Chicken 65’ Keto version by Headbanger’s Kitchen.
These mineral rich members of the cruciferous family boast an array of health promoting properties to match the best of them!
- Like the rest of their family, mustard seeds are rich in the cancer preventing phytonutrients, glucosinates. Various clinical studies are showing these compounds to have protective effects against colon, bladder and cervical cancer.
- These seeds have also been shown to have protective effects against toxic carcinogens, thus reducing cancer risk, and have even been shown to inhibit the growth of cancer cells.
- Traditionally mustard has been used to provide respiratory relief, taken orally they help prevent against and treat asthma attacks due to their mineral profile, and has heating qualities which can expel congestion from the nasal passages and the chest. In Ayurvedic medicine, inhaling steamed mustard vapors was used for this purpose.
- The entire digestive process is supported by mustard. It begins by increasing saliva production in the mouth, and also through its heating properties increases metabolism. These two effects aid in preventing any symptoms of indigestion such as bloating or gas, and the fiber in the seeds also promotes healthy bowel movements.
- Including sufficient mustard seeds in the diet has been shown to have a healing effect on the skin conditions psoriasis and contact dermatitis. The seeds encourage the body’s production of glutathione, which is our most powerful antioxidant and is central to the repair of damaged cells.
Truly, beyond just tasting ridiculously good with meat, these tiny golden orbs are full of healing and preventative properties beyond what one might expect!
Kiwi Kisan Window
Kisan Window is an initiative to encourage a responsible, healthy and better lifestyle around the world by promoting organic and conscious food collected from farmers across India.
They work sincerely to bring the freshest and finest quality products to their customers. Their objective is to provide the best sensory experience for all human senses. Their products look good when you see them. Smell good when you smell them. Feel good when you touch them. Taste good when you taste them. What more could you ask for?
In a country where more than half the population is engaged in agricultural activities they consider the farmers to be the backbone of India. Fair Trade for farmers works through better prices, better working conditions and fair deals for farmers in India. They work directly with farmers at the grass root level and encourage them to engage in organic agriculture. They help the farmers by providing them with the technical know-how to ensure sustainable use of resources and production of quality goods.