Nutty, earthy and spicy, what would a pot of chili or curry be without these flavourful seeds, as is or ground into a powdered spice?
- 100% certified organic
- Fairtrade product
- Wide range of health benefits
- Naturally gluten and sugar free
- Keto, paleo and diabetic friendly
Known in Sanskrit and by most of the Indian community worldwide as Jeera, which means that which helps digestion and used since ancient times, this is a seasoning that will add both healing and richness to your meals. Indian and Mexican dishes use this spice most frequently, but it is also used quite a lot in Middle Eastern cooking.
Far more healthful and delicious to purchase in seed form and grind into a powder at home before using, try these in your next tacos or even a tagine! For more inspiration try any of these awesome low carb dishes from Headbanger's Kitchen.
Kiwi Kisan Window Organic Cumin Seeds are certified organic by four different certification bodies (USDA Organic, India Organic, European Organic and One Cert) these are arguably among the highest quality cumin seeds available in the UAE.
As their Sanskrit name suggests, these seeds are excellent for digestion, however that is just the start of the list.
- Helps protect against and alleviate diabetes. The cuminalydehyde found in cumin is being shown to reduce chances of hypoglycemia as well as improving glucose tolerance, making it a highly supportive compound to the large population of insulin resistant and diabetic people here in Dubai and the UAE.
- Supports digestion. Thymol is a compound in cumin which stimulates the production of everything from saliva to bile and enzymes, increasing the bodies ability to properly digest whatever the spice is being eaten with. Its fiber support healthy movement of food through the digestive system and it also prevents the formation of gas throughout the process.
- Can make food last longer and kill unwanted bacteria in the body. Antiseptic, anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory, cumin seeds can delay food spoilage and also help clean your body from harmful pathogens.
- Rich in iron. Regular addition of cumin seeds to our cooking can aid in fighting anaemia and preventing against cognitive disorders like Alzheimer's and dementia.
- Supportive to the skin and the hair. Because of its vitamin E and general antioxidant content, cumin seeds are highly beneficial to the skin and hair, both when eaten and when applied topically. Some cultures go as far as to increase cumin seed intake with age, due to its anti aging effects on the skin.
Kiwi Kisan Window
Kisan Window is an initiative to encourage a responsible, healthy and better lifestyle around the world by promoting organic and conscious food collected from farmers across India.
They work sincerely to bring the freshest and finest quality products to their customers. Their objective is to provide the best sensory experience for all human senses. Their products look good when you see them. Smell good when you smell them. Feel good when you touch them. Taste good when you taste them. What more could you ask for?
In a country where more than half the population is engaged in agricultural activities they consider the farmers to be the backbone of India. Fair Trade for farmers works through better prices, better working conditions and fair deals for farmers in India. They work directly with farmers at the grass root level and encourage them to engage in organic agriculture. They help the farmers by providing them with the technical know-how to ensure sustainable use of resources and production of quality goods.