The nutty and earthy flavours of coriander seeds are intensified and brought to the fore when ground into a powder.
- 100% certified organic
- Fairtrade product
- Adds flavor and nutrition to meals
- Naturally gluten and sugar free
- Keto, paleo and diabetic friendly
Coriander powder has a different taste and nutrient profile to the leaves of this plant (commonly known as cilantro in the US). The powder tends to be used more in the spicing of cooked dishes, while the leaves are more popular as a garnish.
Kiwi Kisan Window Organic Coriander Powder is certified organic by four different certification bodies (USDA Organic, India Organic, European Organic and One Cert) this is arguably among the highest quality coriander powder available in the UAE.
Coriander seed powder, or as it's known in India, Dhania powder, has been used in Ayurvedic and traditional medicine across Asia for hundreds of years. And like with many traditional herbs and spices, it is being shown by science to indeed possess the healing benefits of ancient wisdom.
- The high fiber content of ground coriander is helpful in ensuring regular bowel movements, and naturopaths will sometimes prescribe a high dose of the powder with water as a colon cleanse.
- Coriander powder appears to have a mild blood sugar lowering effect, so adding it to meals can be beneficial for people with insulin resistance or diabetes, and even help to prevent the development of these conditions which are so rife in Dubai and the UAE.
- Some studies have shown that regular inclusion of coriander can lower LDL (the bad cholesterol) levels while encouraging higher HDL (the good cholesterol)
- When made into a paste and applied topically, coriander powder can treat skin issues such as eczema and athletes foot because of its potent antimicrobial and antifungal properties.
Whether in your medicine cabinet or your kitchen cupboard, you certainly want to have this powder around!
Kiwi Kisan Window
Kisan Window is an initiative to encourage a responsible, healthy and better lifestyle around the world by promoting organic and conscious food collected from farmers across India.
They work sincerely to bring the freshest and finest quality products to their customers. Their objective is to provide the best sensory experience for all human senses. Their products look good when you see them. Smell good when you smell them. Feel good when you touch them. Taste good when you taste them. What more could you ask for?
In a country where more than half the population is engaged in agricultural activities they consider the farmers to be the backbone of India. Fair Trade for farmers works through better prices, better working conditions and fair deals for farmers in India. They work directly with farmers at the grass root level and encourage them to engage in organic agriculture. They help the farmers by providing them with the technical know-how to ensure sustainable use of resources and production of quality goods.