Free delivery on orders over AED 225
Kiwi Organic Almonds
Kiwi Organic Almonds
Beyond just being a delicious, satiating snack, these raw and unprocessed almonds deliver a whopping pack of nutrients too!
- 100% certified organic
- Fairtrade product
- Rich in vitamin E
- 5g net carbs per serving
- Naturally gluten and sugar free
- Keto, paleo and diabetic friendly
Almonds are an amazing whole food to choose as a snack when trying to ensure that your food is healing your body rather than harming it. Eating them unflavoured and raw is the most beneficial, as heating them can alter the delicate fat and nutrient profile.
Kiwi Kisan Window Organic Almonds are certified organic by four different certification bodies (USDA Organic, India Organic, European Organic and One Cert) these are arguably among the highest quality almonds available in the UAE.
One 28g serving of almonds contains the following awesome list of nutrients, thanks for the breakdown Dr Axe!
- 161 calories
- 6.1 grams carbohydrates
- 5.9 grams protein
- 13.8 grams fat
- 3.4 grams fiber
- 7.3 milligrams vitamin E (37 percent DV)
- 0.6 milligram manganese (32 percent DV)
- 57 milligrams magnesium (19 percent DV)
- 0.3 milligram riboflavin (17 percent DV)
- 136 milligrams phosphorus (14 percent DV)
- 0.3 milligram copper (14 percent DV)
- 73.9 milligrams calcium (7 percent DV)
- 1 milligram iron (6 percent DV)
- 197 milligrams potassium (6 percent DV)
- 0.9 milligram zinc (6 percent DV)
- 0.9 milligram niacin (5 percent DV)
In addition, almonds nutrition contains some thiamine, folate, pantothenic acid, choline and selenium.
It is because of these compounds that almonds are able to provide the following benefits.
- Regular consumption can lead to a healthier cholesterol profile, which could mean a reduced risk of heart disease.
- Diabetes is a serious problem here in the UAE and almonds have the perfect macronutrient profile to ensure that they don’t cause spikes in blood glucose, this makes them a great choice for people who are already diabetic or are trying to prevent it.
- The high levels of magnesium in almonds can help improve blood glucose control in diabetics who are not yet dependent on insulin, and also makes them a great snack for bedtime, as this mineral can help relax you and promote a better night’s sleep.
- A great weight-loss snack! Because of their high fiber and monounsaturated fat content, they help make you feel fuller for longer, if consumed within your daily caloric limit.
- The richness of vitamin E in almonds makes them beneficial in helping prevent cognitive decline, as well as neurodegenerative diseases. This same vitamin E makes them a great food to support healthy skin and hair too.
- Can have preventative effects against cancer. Gamma-topherol, a type of vitamin E found in almonds has potent antioxidant properties and fights oxidative stress which has been linked to cancer. In fact, overall nut consumption has been linked to reduced cancer risk in a variety of studies.
The list goes on! For more information about the health benefits of almonds check out this article.
Kiwi Kisan Window
Kisan Window is an initiative to encourage a responsible, healthy and better lifestyle around the world by promoting organic and conscious food collected from farmers across India.
They work sincerely to bring the freshest and finest quality products to their customers. Their objective is to provide the best sensory experience for all human senses. Their products look good when you see them. Smell good when you smell them. Feel good when you touch them. Taste good when you taste them. What more could you ask for?
In a country where more than half the population is engaged in agricultural activities they consider the farmers to be the backbone of India. Fair Trade for farmers works through better prices, better working conditions and fair deals for farmers in India. They work directly with farmers at the grass root level and encourage them to engage in organic agriculture. They help the farmers by providing them with the technical know-how to ensure sustainable use of resources and production of quality goods.