Active dry yeast is a deactivated yeast.
Dhatu Organics nutritional yeast provides an airy, light texture, while adding a punch of wheat-y, nutty flavour which makes it popular as an ingredient in cheese substitutes. It is often used by vegans instead of cheese.
- Great source of protein, B vitamins and trace minerals (such as zinc, selenium, manganese and molybdenum). Trace minerals are involved in gene regulation, metabolism, growth and immunity
- It Helps Prevent Vitamin B12 Deficiency in Vegans
- Take 2 tablespoons daily mixed in milk, fruit juice or vegetable juice.
- It can also be used in vegetarian recipes or added to protein shakes to boost nutritional content.
- Sprinkling it on popcorn instead of butter or salt
- Mixing it into risotto instead of Parmesan cheese
- Stirring it into creamy soups for added nutrients adding it to scrambled eggs or a tofu scramble mixing it into a nut roast or stuffing.
net weight: 100g
ingredients: yeast, sorbitan monostearate.
*lifestyle image used is for illustration purpose only - credit to Nebasin/Getty Images