Free delivery on orders over AED 225
Dhatu Grass Fed Ghee
Dhatu Grass Fed Ghee
This grass-fed ghee will not only add richness and flavor to your cooking, but deliver the highest possible nutritional profile.
- Made with butter from 100% grass fed cows
- Entirely safe, nutrient rich fat source
- Lactose and casein free
- Supports weight loss
- Naturally gluten and sugar free
- Keto, paleo and diabetic friendly
Dhatu grass fed ghee is made by simmering butter to remove the milk solids and water, leaving it with a higher smoke point and a more dense nutrient profile. This process also produces the nutty flavor ghee is so well loved for, and Dhatu’s ghee epitomizes this taste sensation.
While ghee has been available in Dubai and the UAE for quite some time, it is only recently that high quality ghee products which are grass fed are becoming available, and in terms of the health benefits one simply cannot compare. Pasture raised, antibiotic and hormone free cows, fed their natural diet of grass will of necessity produce a superior product to their factory farmed cousins. And the health benefits when it comes to ghee are significant.
why is organic grass fed healthier than regular ghee?
Cows’ digestive systems are evolved to digest high fiber and low-starch grasses. However, farmers have realized (like humans in fact) they gain weight more rapidly when fed a grain based diet, and so this has become the most popular choice for farmers the world over. However, as in humans, this grain based diet comes at a cost to the animals’ health. And un unhealthy animal is will not have the same nutrients in its meat, not produce dairy of the same nutritional value of one raised on its intended diet.
Not to mention the hormones and antibiotics given to these animals to try and keep them healthy and again accelerate their growth.
Studies suggest that grass fed organic dairy products have a much safer omega 3 to 6 ratio, with less omega 6s and higher omega 3s. CLA, an incredibly beneficial and weight loss promoting compound found in ghee (see health benefits below) is also shown to be notably higher in grass fed dairy.
Beyond being nutritionally superior, you are also protecting yourself from the hormones and antibiotics found in non-organic, grain fed ghee. It’s simply the highest choice for you and your family.
Ghee has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for thousands of years, and modern science has come to the party to back up all of those ancient applications.
- It is packed with fat soluble vitamins such as A, E and K and choosing this as one of your fat sources can help you boost your daily intake of these all important nutrients which help with everything from good eyesight to healthy skin.
- Vitamin K2 is prolific in ghee. This vitamin is of extreme importance in the absorbtion of essential minerals in the body, particularly calcium. With this and it’s protective effect against tooth decay, vitamin K2 supports proper development on bones too.
- It’s packed with butyrate which is a short-chain fatty acid that is produced in our colon when processing certain fibers. Eating more in our diets supports our digestive system and helps treat and protect against IBS, Crohn’s disease and colitis. I can even have preventative effects against the rising danger of colon cancer.
- Ghee is FULL of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA). Yes, the same fat burner you see bottled up in every supplement shop. This fatty acid is being shown in studies to be effective in not only decreasing body fat but also lowering overall inflammation, blood pressure and even preventing cancer formation.
- A second weight loss benefit is through the medium chain fatty acids in ghee, which have been repeatedly shown to increase the body’s fat burning capabilities through the increase in ketone creation.
- It is free of lactose and casein which are the elements in dairy products which people often have adverse reactions to. This means that ghee is an incredible source of all the benefits of diary for those who cannot tolerate other dairy sources.
Driven by core values of supporting organic, natural, and healthy way of life, sustainable living, and of supporting marginal rain fed farmers in India, Dhatu stores source the best organic products. Bringing the best to their customers from the well known local organic farming community, Dhatu have formed their own trusted line of branded, certified organic products.