Dhatu Almond flour is simply made out of blanched (skinless) almonds and nothing else!
- 100% blanched almonds
- Raw and unheated
- Rich in Vitamin E
- Excellent flour substitute
- Naturally gluten and sugar free
- Keto, paleo and diabetic friendly
Almond flour is rich in protein and low in carbs. It is a rich source of healthy fats. A great nutty and buttery taste makes this flour an excellent substitute in keto and paleo baking.
Dhatu Almond flour is blanched, meaning that the skins of the almonds are removed before they are ground into flour. Many of the almond’s protective enzymes which can have some adverse effects on health are stores in the skin, so by removing the skins the flour is rendered even more healthful.
Try some of these amazing low carb recipes using almond flour!
One 28g serving of almonds contains the following awesome list of nutrients, thanks for the breakdown Dr Axe!
- 161 calories
- 6.1 grams carbohydrates
- 5.9 grams protein
- 13.8 grams fat
- 3.4 grams fiber
- 7.3 milligrams vitamin E 37 percent DV)
- 0.6 milligram manganese (32 percent DV)
- 57 milligrams magnesium (19 percent DV)
- 0.3 milligram riboflavin (17 percent DV)
- 136 milligrams phosphorus (14 percent DV)
- 0.3 milligram copper (14 percent DV)
- 73.9 milligrams calcium (7 percent DV)
- 1 milligram iron (6 percent DV)
- 197 milligrams potassium (6 percent DV)
- 0.9 milligram zinc (6 percent DV)
- 0.9 milligram niacin (5 percent DV)
In addition, almonds nutrition contains some thiamine, folate, pantothenic acid, choline and selenium.
It is because of these compounds that almonds are able to provide the following benefits.
- Regular consumption can lead to a healthier cholesterol profile, which could mean a reduced risk of heart disease.
- Diabetes is a serious problem here in the UAE and almonds have the perfect macronutrient profile to ensure that they don’t cause spikes in blood glucose, this makes them a great choice for people who are already diabetic or are trying to prevent it.
- The high levels of magnesium in almonds can help improve blood glucose control in diabetics who are not yet dependent on insulin, and also makes them a great snack for bedtime, as this mineral can help relax you and promote a better night’s sleep.
- A great weight-loss snack! Because of their high fiber and monounsaturated fat content, they help make you feel fuller for longer, if consumed within your daily caloric limit.
- The richness of vitamin E in almonds makes them beneficial in helping prevent cognitive decline, as well as neurodegenerative diseases. This same vitamin E makes them a great food to support healthy skin and hair too.
- Can have preventative effects against cancer. Gamma-topherol, a type of vitamin E found in almonds has potent antioxidant properties and fights oxidative stress which has been linked to cancer. In fact, overall nut consumption has been linked to reduced cancer risk in a variety of studies.
The list goes on! For more information about the health benefits of almonds check out this article.
Driven by core values of supporting organic, natural, and healthy way of life, sustainable living, and of supporting marginal rain fed farmers in India, Dhatu stores source the best organic products. Bringing the best to their customers from the well known organic local organic farming community to form own Dhatu branded certified organic products finally available in Dubai.
This mission and vision are entirely aligned with our own at ingfit, and we are proud to stock this incredible and conscious range of products.