Free delivery on orders over AED 225
Coco Yogo - Coconut and Nut Butters
Coco Yogo - Coconut and Nut Butters
- Mixed Nut Butter - 3/7/2019
- Almond Butter - 1/8/2019
The creamy, subtle sweetness of Coco Yogo Coconut and Nut Butters makes it an indulgent treat straight from the bottle!
- 1-2g net carb per tablespoon
- High in fibre
- Clean, short ingredient lists
- Naturally gluten, dairy and sugar free
- Keto, paleo, vegan and diabetic friendly
Manufactured right here in the UAE you are reducing your carbon footprint by choosing these product too! Coconut and nut butters are an entirely different experience from the nuts or the oils. The butters include the fibrous shreds of coconut meat and nuts to create a thick and luxurious texture which simply melts in your mouth. Delicious and creamy whole foods containing all the healthy benefits of the raw nuts they are made from.
how can you use them?
Enjoy these butters by the spoonful, with pancakes, in smoothies and for baking.
Spread them on low carb bread instead of butter, mix them in icing for cakes and cupcakes, use as a nourishing add-on for your kids meals or coat them with chocolate to have truffles.
Or even try Foxxy’s Coconut Butter Fat Bombs as demonstrated in this podcast, any one of these butters will make a perfect middle for these!
As this is a natural product with no emulsifiers added, oil separation may occur. Just simply place in lukewarm water and stir to enjoy thick and creamy coconut butter.
health benefits of coconut butter?
- Has been shown to increase HDL cholesterol, contributing to good heart health and reducing the risk of the heart disease
- Prevents high blood pressure
- Increases absorption of vitamins and minerals.
- May protect against the development of osteoporosis.
- Is being widely studied as a preventative measure against Alzheimer’s
- Supportive to the liver
- Can significantly increase fat burning
- Reduces inflammation and arthritis
- Boosts the immune system (antibacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-viral)
- Improves memory and brain function
- Improves energy and endurance
- Improves digestion and digestive disorders
- Improves skin issues such as burns, eczema, dandruff, dermatitis and psoriasis
- Prevents gum disease and tooth decay
- Improves type II diabetes
how does it do all of this?
Coconut oil is nearly 90% saturated fat, evident in its solidity at room temperature, just like butter.
40-50% of this fat is made up of lauric acid which has a potent antimicrobial effect, and can kill harmful pathogens such as viruses, fungi and harmful bacteria.
Coconut oil is also extremely rich in MCTs (Medium Chain Triglycerides), which go directly to your liver where they are easily transformed into ketones. Ketones are a powerful energy source and are the only energy source other than glucose which can cross the blood brain barrier. Ketones are in fact being shown to be the brain’s preferred energy source, leading to their applications for Alzheimer’s and their effect on overall cognitive function.
It is also these readily created ketones which boost the body’s fat burning and can be helpful in a calorie deficit to aid weight loss.
health benefits of almonds
Almonds contain a wide variety of nutrients and minerals, two of the most important being vitamin E and magnesium. They also contain some thiamine, folate, pantothenic acid, choline and selenium.
It is because of these compounds that almonds are able to provide the following benefits.
- Regular consumption can lead to a healthier cholesterol profile, which could mean a reduced risk of heart disease.
- Diabetes is a serious problem here in the UAE and almonds have the perfect macronutrient profile to ensure that they don’t cause spikes in blood glucose, this makes them a great choice for people who are already diabetic or are trying to prevent it.
- The high levels of magnesium in almonds can help improve blood glucose control in diabetics who are not yet dependent on insulin, and also makes them a great snack for bedtime, as this mineral can help relax you and promote a better night’s sleep.
- A great weight-loss snack! Because of their high fiber and monounsaturated fat content, they help make you feel fuller for longer, if consumed within your daily caloric limit.
- The richness of vitamin E in almonds makes them beneficial in helping prevent cognitive decline, as well as neurodegenerative diseases. This same vitamin E makes them a great food to support healthy skin and hair too.
- Can have preventative effects against cancer. Gamma-topherol, a type of vitamin E found in almonds has potent antioxidant properties and fights oxidative stress which has been linked to cancer. In fact, overall nut consumption has been linked to reduced cancer risk in a variety of studies.
The list goes on! For more information about the health benefits of almonds check out this article.