Fortify your plant-based food pyramid with Bob's Mill Organic Brown Flaxseeds!
- 100% organic
- Good source of plant based Omega 3
- Fibre rich
- Naturally gluten free
- Keto, paleo, vegan and diabetic friendly
These tiny powerhouses are packed full of nutrients and essential fatty acids. With a mild, slightly nutty flavor, flaxseeds can be eaten whole, sprinkled over a salad, blended into a smoothie or used as a flour replacement in keto, paleo or gluten free baking, these seeds are easy to include in a healthy lifestyle.
difference between brown and golden flaxseeds
The differences nutritionally between the two are so minor that they are almost not worth noting, however at a push, golden flaxseeds have MARGINALLY higher protein and lower fat content, but we are talking about less than a few mg either way. Your choice between the two in the end comes down to which you prefer the look of!
Flaxseed has been used by humans for almost 500 years and finally studies are showing that its believed benefits are actually valid! Flax has a very long list of health benefits, most of which are a direct result of the following three components.
- High levels of plant based omega 3. This is probably the most well known benefit of flaxseed, in fact, when eggs are labeled as rich in omega 3 they have been fed a diet of flaxseed. In one tbsp. of flaxseed you will find 1.8g plant omega 3s.
- High fibre content of both soluble and insoluble fibre.
- 75 to 800 times more lignans than other plants. These contain plant estrogens and antioxidants.
Now on to the benefits!
- The lignans may provide protection against some forms of cancer when consumed during adolescence.
- The plant omega 3s have been shown to have a positive effect on cardiovascular disease markers.
- The combination of the lignans and the fibre levels may have a moderate positive effect on HBA1C in diabetic patients.
- The natural plant estrogens in the flax has been shown to has a positive impact on hot flashed and other symptoms in post menopausal women.
- Regular intake of flaxseed appears to reduce overall inflammation in the body.
- Including flaxseed in your diet can improve the appearance of skin and hair, delivering essential fatty acids and B vitamins.
- The fibre in flaxseed also contributes to optimal digestive health, helping keep you regular.
- There is some evidence to suggest that flaxseed may help regulate blood pressure.
- They are also great at filling you up, which can help with weight control by reducing hunger.
Bob's Red Mill quality
For over three decades, Bob has been committed to providing people everywhere with the best quality foods available. His passion for health and belief in taking care of one another is as strong today as it was when he first started the business with his wife, Charlee, all those years ago.
Bob plays a fundamental role in the daily operations of the business and his enthusiasm and honest-to-goodness approach are shared with every one of his employees. It's this passion for providing the very best nutritional foods for every type of healthy diet that has made them the leading name in health foods across the USA.