Tiny powerhouses packed full of omega-3 fatty acids, protein and fiber!
- 100% certified organic
- Non GMO
- Versatile and nutrient packed
- Naturally gluten and sugar free
- Keto, paleo, banting and diabetic friendly
Chia seeds absorb liquid very easily, creating a thick and gelatinous texture. This makes them a favourite for inclusion in keto and paleo desserts, smoothies and baking. But it's not only their absorbency and texture that make them worthwhile, they have a long list of health benefits too!
Check out 36 low carb and keto chia seed recipes here.
For something so tiny, chia seeds certainly pack a powerful punch!
- Nutrient dense! In one serving (28g) there are only 137 calories, but significant amounts of calcium, manganese, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium, zinc, vitamin B3 (niacin), vitamin B2 (thiamine) and vitamin B1.
- Anti-aging! High in antioxidants, these tiny seeds can help your body defend against aging and disease.
- Digestive support! They are a truly fiber rich food, supporting healthy functioning of the digestive system and helping keep you regular.
- Weight loss assistance! The fiber content as well as the amount they expand when absorbing water have been shown to decrease food intake overall by making people feel fuller for longer.
- Good plant based protein! They are about 14% protein by weight, so can help get your protein numbers up if following a vegetarian or vegan diet.
- Heart healthy! Certain animal studies have shown that regular chia consumption can lower markers of metabolic disease like triglycerides and high blood pressure.
- May lower blood glucose and reduce inflammation. The fiber content and way the seeds behave in the body appear to lower blood glucose by slowing the absorption of food, and thus preventing glucose spikes, this may be contributing to their inflammation lowering effects too.
Check out Dr Axe telling us more about the wonders of chia!
This little seed is truly a superstar and something you can't go wrong with including in your diet. Not to mention its desserty deliciousness!
Bob's Red Mill quality
For over three decades, Bob has been committed to providing people everywhere with the best quality foods available. His passion for health and belief in taking care of one another is as strong today as it was when he first started the business with his wife, Charlee, all those years ago.
Bob plays a fundamental role in the daily operations of the business and his enthusiasm and honest-to-goodness approach are shared with every one of his employees. It's this passion for providing the very best nutritional foods for every type of healthy diet that has made them the leading name in health foods across the USA.