Organic Activated Almonds
Beyond just being a delicious, satiating snack, these activated, organic almonds deliver a whopping pack of nutrients too!
- 100% certified organic
- Rich in vitamin E
- 2.5g net carbs per serving
- Long soaked and slowly dehydrated
- Activated to remove harmful enzymes
- Naturally gluten and sugar free
- Keto, paleo, banting, vegan and diabetic friendly
Almonds are an amazing whole food to choose as a snack when trying to ensure that your food is healing your body rather than harming it.
Many nuts and seeds contain enzymes in them to protect them from being eaten. So while they have incredible health benefits for our bodies, they do come at a price. These enzymes can cause inflammation in people and can actually counteract the good that the nutrients and minerals are doing in your body.
This is why so many people recommend soaking and dehydrating your nuts and seeds before eating them, as this process activates the benefits and Deactivates the harmful enzymes. However this can be quite a headache, especially when you really just feel like opening a healthy snack and enjoying it!
2die4 takes this trouble out of your hands by delivering you the highest quality pre-soaked and dehydrated nuts with the most delicious flavour we have come across in any range of nuts!
Organic almonds, organic Australian salt
One 28g serving of almonds contains the following awesome list of nutrients, thanks for the breakdown Dr Axe!
- 161 calories
- 6.1 grams carbohydrates
- 5.9 grams protein
- 13.8 grams fat
- 3.4 grams fiber
- 7.3 milligrams vitamin E (37 percent DV)
- 0.6 milligram manganese (32 percent DV)
- 57 milligrams magnesium (19 percent DV)
- 0.3 milligram riboflavin (17 percent DV)
- 136 milligrams phosphorus (14 percent DV)
- 0.3 milligram copper (14 percent DV)
- 73.9 milligrams calcium (7 percent DV)
- 1 milligram iron (6 percent DV)
- 197 milligrams potassium (6 percent DV)
- 0.9 milligram zinc (6 percent DV)
- 0.9 milligram niacin (5 percent DV)
In addition, almonds nutrition contains some thiamine, folate, pantothenic acid, choline and selenium.
It is because of these compounds that almonds are able to provide the following benefits.
- Regular consumption can lead to a healthier cholesterol profile, which could mean a reduced risk of heart disease.
- Diabetes is a serious problem here in the UAE and almonds have the perfect macronutrient profile to ensure that they don’t cause spikes in blood glucose, this makes them a great choice for people who are already diabetic or are trying to prevent it.
- The high levels of magnesium in almonds can help improve blood glucose control in diabetics who are not yet dependent on insulin, and also makes them a great snack for bedtime, as this mineral can help relax you and promote a better night’s sleep.
- A great weight-loss snack! Because of their high fiber and monounsaturated fat content, they help make you feel fuller for longer, if consumed within your daily caloric limit.
- The richness of vitamin E in almonds makes them beneficial in helping prevent cognitive decline, as well as neurodegenerative diseases. This same vitamin E makes them a great food to support healthy skin and hair too.
- Can have preventative effects against cancer. Gamma-topherol, a type of vitamin E found in almonds has potent antioxidant properties and fights oxidative stress which has been linked to cancer. In fact, overall nut consumption has been linked to reduced cancer risk in a variety of studies.