Published on October-19 2020, by ingfit
Quick and Easy Low Carb Vegan Spaghetti Sauce
If you’re missing your Italian food on keto or low carb, you have come to the right place! This Low Carb Spaghetti Sauce will have you feeling like you aren't missing a thing! A super simple recipe that will be easy to include in your healthy keto meal plan!
Total time: 35 mins
Nutritional info: (per serving)
- Calories: 114 kcal
- Total carbs: 10 g
- Fibre: 2 g
- Net carbs: 8 g
- Fat: 7 g
- Protein: 3 g
Who doesn't love spaghetti? And this awesome low carb spaghetti recipe is great for vegetarians and vegans too! Made with a simple, short list of ingredients, this one is easy enough even for the most novice chefs among us!
A healthy dose of Extra Virgin Olive Oil is delivered in this dish, ramping up the antioxidants from the tomatoes, oregano and basil, all the perfect flavours AND nutrients for a classic Italian meal!
And while healthy food delivery is becoming more convenient and easier in Dubai, we are still massive fans of cooking at home whenever we can to ensure every ingredient is as clean as possible.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat oil.
- Add garlic and tomato paste and cook, stirring constantly, until very fragrant, this will take around 2 minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes, then fill the can with 1/2 cup water and swirl to catch any remaining tomato, and pour into the pan.
- Season the mixture with oregano, red pepper flakes, and a generous amount of salt and pepper.
- Stir in the basil and let it simmer until it reduces, this should take about 30 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering, cut open the Newdles and run them under hot water for around 3 minutes, then heat them for about 2-3 minutes in a pan with a little more Kouris EVOO, they will then be ready to serve and top with your delicious healthy low carb spaghetti sauce!
Tips & Alternatives
If you want to up that fat content of this meal, add some cheese at the end, or a bit more EVOO over the top!
If you are after some more protein you and are NOT a vegetarian or vegan you could consider adding in some minced beef or chicken strips!
This sauce recipe is a very versatile base for getting creative with variations!
*When adding or substituting ingredients, please recalculate your macros*