image by Shutterstock
Keto Creamy Broccoli Soup
Perfect on a cold winter day, a warm bowl of sunny goodness is just what the doctor ordered!
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Nutritional info: (per serving)
- Calories: 125 kcal
- Total carbs: 9g
- Fibre: 5g
- Net carbs: 4g
- Fat: 9g
- Protein: 5g
23-Dec 2021, by ingfit
This low carb broccoli soup recipe requires only a few ingredients and a few simple steps to make the perfect, creamy, clean soup.
This soup is delicious on its own, but it also goes well with any desired toppings.
- 500g broccoli florets
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 tbsp shallots, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 60g heavy whipping cream
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 3 cups water
- salt (optional) and pepper to taste
- In a soup pot, warm the ghee over medium heat.
- Saute the shallots, garlic, and parsley until translucent.
- Add the water, broccoli and the chicken stock and stir to combine. Cover the pot and simmer until the broccoli is tender.
- Remove from the heat. Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth.
- Return the pan to the heat. Pour in the heavy cream and season with salt and pepper to taste. Reduce the heat to a low simmer and leave it uncovered until it has shrunk to about an inch.
- Serve warm with toasted pumpkin seeds and a dollop of fresh cream on top.
Tips & alternatives
For a vegan, vegetarian and dairy-free option;
- You can substitute heavy cream for coconut milk/cream.
- Ghee for olive/coconut oil.
- Chicken cube for vegetable cube/stock.
*When adding or substituting ingredients, please recalculate your macros*