Published on December-01 2020, by Anabelle Ople
Easy Keto Taco Pie
Love a pie but hate the carbs? Anabelle Ople's Easy Keto Taco Pie is the solution you have been looking for. An ultra delicious Mexican keto recipe that will leave you grateful you found this way of life, and fit perfectly into your healthy keto meal plan!
Total time: 40 mins
Recipe By: Anabelle Ople
- Calories: 456 kcal
- Total carbs: 4 g
- Fibre: 0 g
- Net carbs: 4 g
- Fat: 38 g
- Protein: 27 g
Good old meat pies covered in pastry or topped with mashed potato were ever so delicious, but left our bodies is a worse state than they found them in. The same is true of Mexican Tacos! We love the Mexican spice mix, but don't want the damage the actual Taco does! Without compromising your metabolic health with pastry and potatoes, you can still enjoy the beauty and deliciousness of a Mexican style meat pie on keto, knowing your body will be thanking you for it afterwards.
This delicious and easy to make Taco Pie is a recipe from one of our amazing community members in our group, Keto and Primal Health UAE, if you haven't joined yet, the time is now!
So without further ado, here is the recipe, if you do make it please do tag us on IG or share your experience in the group, we love to hear back from you!
500 gm minced beef
2 cloves minced garlic
1 cup heavy whipping cream
salt,pepper,paprika,cumin and chili powder (spices to taste)
- 100g grated cheddar cheese
- Brown the meat in a frying pan.
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs, cream and spices to taste.
- When the meat is brown, move it to an oven safe dish and pour the egg mixture over it.
- Top with the grated cheese and bake at 180 Celcius for 30 minutes depending on how brown you want it.
- Serve with sour cream, salsa and guacamole for a truly Mexican experience!
Tips & Alternatives
If you have ready mixed taco spice, use this instead!